Pre-placement Skills Training Program
The Pre-placement Skills Training Program provides formal job employment skills training and is customized to the needs of each individual participant. Combined along with other employment services, the training is structured, interactive, and completed prior to job placement.
The skills training curriculum consists of lectures and hands-on activities for a total of 20 to 40 hours of combined training curriculum.
The skills training sessions include:
- Resume writing
- Instructions on employability skills
- Searching and applying for jobs online
- Mock job interviews
- Managing initial contacts with an employer
- Handling conflicts
- Navigating public transportation as needed
- Feedback from potential employers
For more information call (305) 326-4226 or (305) 781- 7427.